Follow us on Social Media
Each offers you something different and will allow you the chance to keep up to date with the Bid team and events happening in Coventry.
See what we are up to and be the first to know about ways to get involved!
We have an Events page!
We have now added a new page to our website to highlight events in the city.
For more event information, see our Facebook page.
About the bid
Bidding for Coventry to be the UK City of Culture 2021 will be a very exciting journey and there will be lots of fantastic opportunities to get involved and experience culture. Make sure you do not miss out on the latest news and developments by joining the hundreds of people that currently receive the Coventry City of Culture 2021 Bid Newsletter.
You can also get in touch with the bid team directly by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you backing the bid?
You can now download our 'I'm Backing the Bid' poster. Post your poster selfie on twitter with #ThisisCoventry and show that you're supporting your city.
From experiencing shop front theatre to attending large scale events; visiting world-class visitor attractions to joining a community group, there are endless opportunities for everybody to get involved in culture across Coventry and beyond.
Discover more about some of the exciting events in the city in the coming months:
- 22 April - 9 June - Grayson Perry - The Vanity of Small Differences, Herbert Art Gallery
- 14 May - 12 June - Coventry Open 2016, Herbert Art Gallery
- 14 June - An EGO Mix Production: The Monstrous Tour, EGO Performance Company
- 18 - 19 June - Coventry Pride 2016, Fargo Village
- 24 June - Trembling Bells - Tin Music and Arts @ The Old Grammar School
- 1 - 3 July - Godiva Festival, War Memorial Park
- 20 - 22 July - The Country Doctor, Belgrade Theatre
The Tin Music and Arts
Based at the Canal Basin, The Tin is working to keep the city’s vibrant music scene thriving by supporting local musicians, whether they are first time performers or established world tourers.
The Tin also hosts other arts events including yoga classes, cultural festivals and Coventry’s only professionally sound-engineered open mic - allowing local musicians to showcase and develop their talent.